Click Pen Disassembly

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Emery

The blank on the sierra click pen that I carry everyday chipped so I disassembled the pen using a punch set which destroyed the click mechanism. Does anyone have a way to disassemble a click pen that doesn't destroy the click mechanism?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GaryD

Just started turning back in December and I too have messed up a couple of "click" pens. I can get the click mechanisms, but there is another plastic sleeve left that prevent driving out the top without destroying that part. Anyone figured out how to resolve this? Two that I messed up were from Woodcraft and they just sent me complete new tops. Nice of them, but would really like to be able to fix these guys. :confused:

Deadhead

I have never tried to disassembled a serria before; however I recently disassembled a clicker from EB. After screwing the tip off I used a small diameter transfer punch (AKA pen disassembly tool) and angled the punch so it caught the side of the click mechanism and tapped it out. Then I used a larger punch just under 3/8" and tapped the part the tip screws onto. You need to use a punch that has a "shoulder", the smaller diameter transfer punches just have a point which won't work. Hope this helps.

Ben

Top Bottom