Click pen assembly problem...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc Phillips

The problem is, the upper and lower barrels wont screw together... for some reason the cartridge wont fit onto the upper barrel at all. I took the pen apart and the black plastic sleeve was kind of buggered up, so I took the click mechanism from another kit and it still wont go together. I don't want to keep messing up kits so I was hoping one of y'all has had this problem before... This is the kit from CSUSA....

Also, the instructions say to "Slide the transmission and spacer into the end of the upper tube" ... which end?

Weird .... I must be having a senior moment I guess... help!

workinforwood

The spacer goes over the click mechanism..the piece that your thumb would push on to activate it. Then the mechanism is pushed up into the tube. Use the refill to push it in till the thumb piece pops out through the clip. Then you drill I think it's an 8mm hole into a scrap of wood..the hole is just barely bigger than the thumb pusher/click activator thingy. You insert that into the hole and then you press the female threaded piece into the bottom of the upper blank. This holds it all together. The scrap is so you don't damage the clicker when pressing in the threaded insert. The male thread piece goes in the top of the bottom blank. The two blanks screw together, or not...have experienced bad threads before more than once. Of course, I had out of round nibs, bad clickers, clickers that wouldn't fit through top of pen, pretty much had it all go bad over and over, but the re-fills are always good! Then after I make ten clickers only 2 actually work and 3 days or less later they stop working so I just refuse to make them. Had some I sold and the customers complained they stopped working, so I exchanged them with more expensive pens that were twists just to make them extra happy, while I ate my shirt.

If it won't thread, send it back. Be sure and complain. I have had bad ones from CSUSA and everyone else too. Don't just eat the pen, let them know it's junk. Eventually enough of us will complain that they will do something about the quality. I would pay a buck more, or maybe more than that if I had to if the pen would actually work reliably for years to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom