Click Pen?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Maybe

Is there any that are durable enough to make and not expect it to fail?
Someone sent me a gift that I think is a Dayacom Longwood Click Pen (at least the original refill said Dayacom) that seems to be really strong. It's fairly loud, but the action seems pretty positive. CSUSA's Clicker Pen looks to be the same thing.

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Fred, i made a long clicker from CSUSA for myself to try out about 8 months ago. I use it a ton everyday with no problems. It's a very good pen, but it's a little long. It takes a 4inch blank. Seems a little bulky at times as well. But it's got a great click mechanism in it. Aaron at Lau Lau also sells this kit.

keithlong

I have made 2 of the long click pens. One was for my wife, she is a receptionist at a busy vet clinic, and she she will not use anything else. If it will hold up to her, then it passes the test. To me they are nice pens. I have one that I use every day also that I got in a pith swap last year.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Fred, i made a long clicker from CSUSA for myself to try out about 8 months ago. I use it a ton everyday with no problems. It's a very good pen, but it's a little long. It takes a 4inch blank. Seems a little bulky at times as well. But it's got a great click mechanism in it. Aaron at Lau Lau also sells this kit.

+1 I use one as my daily driver and it has performed well.

RHossack

wouldentu2?

the double ring click from berea and woodcraft has seen daily use for 2 years and the only problem is it keeps running out of ink. I'm on my third cartridge.

BSea

I agree with most everyone else. I like the Rhodium version from Lau Lau the best

http://www.laulauwood.net/node/38

I've done a few Vertex click pens from PsI also from Woodturningz. It has a soft click, and feels completely different from the clicker, and so far, no problems. But my experience is limited with both of the kits. 3 clickers, and 2 vertex. My EDC is a clicker though, if that helps any.

And finally, I've made a 3 sierra click pens. This also seems to be a good click pen. I've made 3 of them, but they have gone to friends, but so far, no complaints. This one is find of fun in that you can make it different lengths. There is a tutorial somewhere that explains it. The 3 that I've done, have all been different lengths, and worked great. Bear Tooth Woods has the chrome version. They also have the best selection of other finishes that I've found.

Now I've also made the Elegent Sierra click pen. I didn't like it near as well. Maybe it was the one kit, but I didn't like the way it worked. I gave it to my niece, and she seems to like it just fine. Maybe it's me.

greggas

I have made and sold about 200 CUSA clicker Pens ( about 40 of those pencils) and have never had a problem. Excellent quality

corian king

Hello Fred!! I really like the click style pen and I get alot of customers asking for them.So awhile back I started buying every click I could find.I have had pretty good luck with alot of them but The vertex has the smoothest mech.But not everyone likes that pen The one that my wife and I use all the time and really like and haven't had any problems with has been the one from psi.I think they call it their slimline pro.of course thats just how it has worked for me.
Have fun!!
JIM

JimMc7

Short (1.88" blank) Sierra button click with a replacement "Parker style" spring from Wood'N'Whimsies is the smoothest I've found. I like the looks of the Dayacom long click but not quite as smooth as the Sierra in my experience -- Sierra click really benefits from the stiffer replacement spring though -- cheap feel to the click with the kit spring.

PTownSubbie

Thanks for the reply folks! I figured that was what I would get from the answers....

My son really wants a click pen and the first we tried didn't last very long! I have heard of click pen problems but I am still looking for one.

I may try the clicker or Long Click. People seem to have had success with those....

Top Bottom