"Click" cartridge pen 10906 Berea issue?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
If any of you make this pen, I am looking for "feedback", please.

Someone has told me they can't get the "transmission tube" to press into the "finial adapter" far enough.

The instructions say "The tube should stick out about 9/16" from the finial adaptor". 9/16"=.5625" (for reference, the piece is .89" in length, to start)

I have made a couple of these--one I did this morning--the piece stuck out .6". While this worried me, I completed the pen and it works GREAT. Pen tip looks good---no problems.

So, I am looking for feedback on this kit.

I KNOW if you don't make a block with a hole in it to press fit the "click" mechanism, you WILL screw up the transmission. But, if this block IS used, is there any other way to mess up the final pen???

Thanks for ALL feedback---BAD, GOOD and in-between!!!

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Please forgive my memory, it has been over a year that I made that pen. What I remember about it was the clicker seemed to rub inside somewhere and hang up and not work. I did use a block to push it together, an unfortunate experience with my first clicker taught me a lesson not soon forgotten. I didn't like the fact that you had to "build" the clicker. That seemed to be where my issue was. Sorry I can't remember the details any better hope this helps. I was in a bit of a time crunch then and didn't have time to really see what happened. Had to go to plan B and never got back to see if it was as operator or component issue.

bastallard

I made one today and my issues were that when sliding the button up through the finial it would get hung up on it and the transmission tube would press in as far as it was suppose to (the instructions did say "about" 9/16) and when I did get the button to pass through the finial and pressed the center ring on, it cracked the bottom of the clicker mechanism.

Top Bottom