Clear cactus on gold kit?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Steve Busey

Has anyone tried (and have pics) of a clear cactus on a gold kit? Just trying to get an idea of what it looks like. All the other pics I've seen show them on chrome/ti/rhodium kits.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
The only cactus I've had the good fortune of doing, I painted the inside of the tube red and got a great looking fountain pen... had enough of the blank left over to do a matching keychain... so can't help you... check with Curtis (mesquiteman) or Roy (Oklahoman)... I got my blank from Roy in a swap, but I think both make the blanks.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
I've never really liked the brass showing, but I did paint the tubes and inside of a cactus blank with gold paint at it turned out rather well. Sorry I don't have picts of it. It sold rather quickly.

Steve Busey

I'm not asking about the tube, I'm asking about the hardware/pen kit finish. I've never seen anyone put a clear cactus blank (with any tube color) on a gold pen kit, and would like to see a pic if anyone has done so.

Thanks and happy new year!

OKLAHOMAN

Steve all of these are clear cactus with painted tubes:

2nd from left is Rhodium and 22K gold Jr. Statesman,4th 5th and 6th from right are clear painted tubes in gold titanium.

painteddesert.jpg

OKLAHOMAN

Here are some clear with black tubes
1st from left 22K gold and Rhodium Jr. Statesman, 3rd from left Jr. Gent 22K and Rhodium and last a Jr. Gent in Gold Titanium.

IMG_1266-1Medium-1.jpg

Wow Roy, I don't know if I want to show off my pen or not.. those are some great looking pen... that cactus blank is an awesome blank to work with.

I love the black... very elegant

This is the pen I made from the blank you sent me...

Attachments

• 33-585-2.jpg
    33-585-2.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 119
  • 33-585-3.JPG
    33-585-3.JPG
    19.7 KB · Views: 93

WildcatHollow

I have a question...

Are the blanks in the above photographs clear, and colored because you painted the brass tubes, or are the blanks actually cast in that color?

Thank you.

Regards,

t.

OKLAHOMAN

Toby, all my cactus castings are in clear PR, reverse painted and tubes painted along with tinting the expoxy.

Top Bottom