Cleaning CA from a pen part

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

omb76

Does anyone have suggestions on how to remove CA from the metal cap of a pen? I had to remove the cap from a Jr. Majestic and the insert came out in the process so I applied a little CA when I put it back in don't you know that it dried in an instant now it's all smeary... (that's a technical term by the way. :))

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Too late for this pen now but a little two part epoxy or Loctite thread locker (red or blue) is a better choice for securing pen parts inside the tubes. Any excess can be removed easily.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Does anyone have suggestions on how to remove CA from the metal cap of a pen? I had to remove the cap from a Jr. Majestic and the insert came out in the process so I applied a little CA when I put it back in don't you know that it dried in an instant now it's all smeary... (that's a technical term by the way. :))

hdtran

I had a little bleed of thick CA on the center band when I was assembling the center band on a Euro-style pen. I hand-rubbed the center band with 8000 & 12000 micromesh. Took the CA right off, and left the center band as shiny as before.

Top Bottom