clean up friction polish

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

hombre4

OK, I decided to take apart one of pens that I had friction polish on and do it over using Enduro. My question is: would starting with MM at 3200 be good enough or am I going to have to use DNA also?

Thanks.....Archie

JimGo

Archie,
Personally, I'd probably try to take it off with the skew. Not knowing how thick the finish is, that's probably the fastest way to get most of it off without gumming up your MM.

Randy_

Originally posted by JimGo<br />Archie, Personally, I'd probably try to take it off with the skew. Not knowing how thick the finish is, that's probably the fastest way to get most of it off without gumming up your MM.

Yeah...but....unless you are real good with a skew and have a really fine touch, it would be awful easy to get a little too much wood and mess up the wood to hardware fit. Think I would stick with the DNA & abrasive. Not sure 3200 MM would be coarse enough to get the job done...you might want to try something with a bit more bite?? Maybe someone who has "been there" could suggest the proper grit to use??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom