Classic style bushings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stevebuk

hi
i have just bought some 8mm classic pen style bushings, and i have just downloaded the pdf instructions for the set. It looks a bit tricky to me, especially having to turn away part of the wood for the centre band, anyone know/or have any pictures of this style being turned and put together.
cheers

rlharding

Steve, this was talked about in the last 3 days. It is not as difficult as it sounds. I have not seen a video or pictures of this anywhere. Are you a turner? Did you just start turning? If you are a noobie you have probably not even seen a parting tool. Have a look at one in one of the many catalogues you can see on-line. Once you have turned your barrels, Take your parting tool, whatever you use make sure it's sharp, turn it on it's edge and slowly bring it in to the barrel with the lathe spinning, watch that you are as close to the bushing as possible, and slowly move your tool INTO the wood. You keep the tool steady, no movements back and forth, just IN. When you see the brass rod you are done. Takes about 5 seconds....really.

toolcrazy

Not all the Euro pens have you turn them down to brass. Some have specific diameters that you have to match. Which is a pain, I know I've done a couple. It may not be a good idea to start with Euros. I'd get a few slims under my belt before tackling them.

Top Bottom