classic rollerball

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jkeithrussell

I just spent 2 hours painstakingly crafting a classic rollerball (from woodturningz.com). Everything came out just right. Final steps, put spring and pen refill in place, screw down, and.... the refill won't stay in place. Basically, it looks like the spring is too big and there's nothing to hold the refill in place. Any pressure on the point of the pen, and it pops back inside the cap. Any ideas?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Daniel

Try pulling the spring out and see if it tapers. some springs are larger at one end than the other. if so put it back in small end toward the refill.

jkeithrussell

Ok. I guess I'm not the brightest bulb in the chandelier. The spring goes on the other end -- under the posting cap.

Not real wild about the kit overall though.

redfishsc

Ok. I guess I'm not the brightest bulb in the chandelier. The spring goes on the other end -- under the posting cap.

Not real wild about the kit overall though.

For rollerballs, I have a VERY hard time finding pens that beat the Zen (CSUSA), the Baron or Sedona (Arizonasilhouette), or El Grande (any berea reseller).

M

monkeynutz

Personally, I don't care for the loose spring in the classic RB. I've taken to putting a drop of silicone on the post end of the spring at initial assembly, which keeps it in place, but a well-designed kit should not require such rigging, methinks... :frown:

jkeithrussell

For rollerballs, I have a VERY hard time finding pens that beat the Zen (CSUSA), the Baron or Sedona (Arizonasilhouette), or El Grande (any berea reseller).

Thanks. I got a couple of Baron kits that I'm going to work on this afternoon. Much nicer looking kit. Not trying to dump on Woodturningz, but their classic rollerball kit is pretty crummy.

LanceD

Thanks. I got a couple of Baron kits that I'm going to work on this afternoon. Much nicer looking kit. Not trying to dump on Woodturningz, but their classic rollerball kit is pretty crummy.

The Classic is a Penn State Industries kit. Woodturningz is a reseller of PSI kits. They don't make them nor do they have them made.

Top Bottom