Classic pen tenon/center band

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Emery

Does anyone have a tip to help keep glue from seeping under center band and onto finished cap when making "Clissic" pens from PSI? Or just and easy way to get the CA glue off the already finished cap. (finger nail polish remover didn't work even after soaking.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ghostrider

I wouldn't use CA, but instead use Loc-Tite. Loc-Tite will hold the piece, and can wipe off the cap. While I haven't experienced it (because I don't do it) some say that CA can damage the plating.

its_virgil

Stop using CA glue for gluing pen parts in place. You've discovered why. Two part epoxy...just a small dab...will do thbe job and cleans off easier. Acetone is the solvent for CA glue. Do a good turn daily!
Don

Sent from my Samsung Epic using Forum runner

ttpenman

I agree with the others comments. I have made hundreds of this style pen over the years and always use epoxy. As long as you wipe it off right away it cleans up easily.

Jeff in northern Wisconsin

arioux

A tiny, tiny, tiny drop of epoxy inside the centrer band, not on the tenon. Rotate the band while putting in place. This will spred the glue inside the band and prevent overflow under the band. If there is too much glue it will seep inside the band and can be removed whit an exacto when dried.

okiebugg

Does anyone have a tip to help keep glue from seeping under center band and onto finished cap when making "Clissic" pens from PSI? Or just and easy way to get the CA glue off the already finished cap. (finger nail polish remover didn't work even after soaking.

I don't use a tip. I use a metal 'toothpick' with a handle. Actually its a surgical instrument to hold an infants nerve in its leg out of the way when starting an IV in the groin of an infant. Nuff of that.

If you tip your mid thick CA tube up on its side, you can if careful squeeze a portion of a drop out onto the point of the 'toothpick' and 'paint' the drop into the area where you want the CA. Using the mid thickness gives you many seconds before the glue sets up so you can go all of the way around with about 1 1/2 drops

Top Bottom