Classic kits from PSI

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dvoigt

So I had the classic PSI kits on my list of pens that I make. However, I wasn't 100% happy with them and was just going to run my stock out and switch to a different roller ball pen kit. But now I see that those older kits are being phased out and redesigned ones are in, at a price increase too.

Has anyone used this new kits, or would you still advise moving to a kit like the Gent or Statement?

Thanks!
Derek

jskeen

Ahhh, I didn't know these had been reworked. How exactly did they improve the threads? Is this now the same components as the classic elite, except for the fp section and the end cap on the barrel?

Does anybody know if these new and improved kits are available in gold ti, black ti or platinum/rhodium anywhere?

I've always considered the classic and euro screw cap pens to be in a totally different product category than the gent/churchill/el grande "good quality but plain" pens, and the statesman/emperor/other "fancy high priced" kits, and the "best of the best kitless or semi-kitless" one off products. But that's just me. I actually use them as loss leaders from time to time to entice my known good rollerball customers to cross over to the dark side and try fountain pens. Kind of like that first, free fix of horse (but without that whole eventual death thing)

Top Bottom