Civil War Pen Ideas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

medemt

I have searched the site for Civil War theme pens and it seems there are not many ideas out there other than the Cival War bullet pens. Does anyone else have ideas for a Cival War theme pen?

Are there any really nice kits out there with this theme?

Would appreciate the feedback.

Dan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BKelley

Dan,

A couple of days ago I posted a picture of a pen that has a War Between the States theme. It was a Wall Street II with wood from The Confederate section of Stone Mountain Cemetery. If you could find blanks from a WBTS historical site and then have appropriate flag or wording lazered on them, these would be great. I'm sure Indiania has some historical sites that might produce some wood. Where are you from Crawfordsville? I think General Manson was from there. Good luck.

Ben

Well if you want some extra work, Take the "Civil war" pen kit, see if you can get your hands on a .44 Rimfire casing for the top of the pen instead of the .58 caliber bullet. then if there is a clip that looks like a lever action rifle. presto you have a Union cavalry pen. hope this helps.

Texatdurango

How about get an engraver to print the following on the pen..........

The Price in Blood
Casualties in the Civil War
At least 618,000 Americans

People ought to remember seeing that pen far longer than seeing a pen with a nib shaped like a mini ball!

bitshird

Just DON't pick up any thing off the ground at any Civil War cites, it's a Federal violation, I'm trying to negotiate with the gift shop at Shiloh and they are trying to get me in with the grounds keepers, I'd love to get a few fallen branches from the Hornets nest. a neat little bowl that's about 80 to 100 yards wide that had over a hundred cannons firing at each other for the biggest part of a full day.

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
Here's one I made for a fellow and we had the box engraved with the receipient's name.
WB

Attachments

• Civil War pens and box 2 001-1.JPG
    Civil War pens and box 2 001-1.JPG
    133.7 KB · Views: 184
  • CSA Flag pen 001.jpg
    CSA Flag pen 001.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 157
  • CSA USA Pens 001.jpg
    CSA USA Pens 001.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 184
  • Civil War pens ans box 001.jpg
    Civil War pens ans box 001.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 187

theidlemind

I've been casting a replica 1862 10 dollar bill and pairing it with a piece of Holly. They look nice together, usually on a full gent or a jr gent.
Lincoln was on the ten in 1862, the year of the Battle of Richmond.
The Holly is from the yard of a civil war era house across the road from the battlefield and was old enough to have watched the battle. Huge tree.
I'll try to post a picture tomorrow.

t001xa22

The closest thing I could find is the foil logo setup for custom clips or finials from Hut Products.

Last edited:

Scratch

The last Civil War pens I made, I used dyed Curly Maple for the
Union and Buckeye Burl for the Confederacy. Turned out pretty nice.

PaulDoug

I use "Water Slide" decals, got them off of e-bay. Print the decal on my laser jet printer. After printing I cut the decal out, and spray it with Acrylic Crystal Clear by Krylon. Let it dry good and them soak the decal in water ans apply it to the blank. If you don't apply the Acrylic the CA finish well destroy the decal. There is also an article in the library here about applying decal, I think.

Grizz

Banned
I have made Civil War pens with.

Oak Burl from Gettysburg.

1854 Crib Dam Wood from a bridge that fought many battle.

I am now in search of other historical wood from areas of the country where battle were fought. Anyone got anything from Fort Sumter?

This collection is actually being collected by son.

Top Bottom