Citrus and Avocado

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
I am in Santa Barbara on vacation for a few weeks break from New England and got to thinking about the various types of trees they have out here that I don't see back home.

Two things came to mind immediatly, Citrus (Orange, Lemon, Lime) and Avocado.

Doing a search, I find little or no reference to turning these woods.

When I was down at the Farmers Market yesterday, I saw that someone is selling Avocado logs for firewood. The logs she had appeared to have nice grain and color.

Would it be worth my time to try and get my paws on some fairly fresh Orange or Avocado wood and ship it home to try and turn it into pens or bowls or other small things?

I also noticed that the Oak and Maple trees out here seem very different from the ones back home. I wonder if the wood looks much different when turned.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

I've yet to find a wood that wasn't good for turning. Some is just more preferred than others. And free is my favorite. [:D] I have a Clementine Orange trunk I picked up last summer in San Antonio, but I haven't done anything with it yet.

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks for info

The avocado firewood all had the dark streaks in it which caught my eye. I will see if I can get some fresh cut stuff, paint the ends and ship it home. I'll try the same with citrus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom