Circuit board on a Wall Street 2

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I'd love to put my circuit board blank on a Wall Street 2 with a stylus instead of the 3. Seems like it won't work as some of the components stand up pretty tall. I'm worried I'll run into them and ruin the blank. Circuit board and a stylus seem like a no brainer combo, I'm surprised there isn't one.

^^ike

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

eliasbboy

They work out great. I've never had a problem with one either.

il_570xN.381998238_r4cl.jpg

B Wo

That pen looks really, really sharp! I have a black circuit board Wall Street III kit that I planned on making for a good friend in the IT field (because I'm original like that), and after seeing this, I considered giving the Wall Street II stylus mod a try. My concern, though, is can the stylus be replaced?

I have a designate Wacom stylus that I use on my tablet and I've gone through 2 nibs in less than 6 months. While that could speak to their quality, I also use the thing a lot. I'd hate to gift one of these and have the stylus wear off after a couple months.

Crashmph

I have a few customers that have used the Wall Street II chrome stylus almost daily with their jobs. They have yet to complain to me once, other than the one time someone else used there pen and thought it was an eraser. Ruined the stylus.

With regard to the circuit blank on the Wall Street II. As you can see in eliasbboy's pic, it works out well. One word of advice is... you probably will dig in to the circuit bits on the blank, so just sand down the last bit rather than tool it. No need for a CA finish if you sand into any of the circuit bits. The exposed bits will make the stylus function better as there will be more contact points of the hand touching the conductive parts of the pen.

Michael

B Wo

Thank you for the pro tips, Crashmph. That's good to know about the resilience of the stylus. I'm anxious to try one of these.

Top Bottom