Circuit Board Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Boz

Yesterday I went to a car show and there was a Woodcraft shop up the street. Stopped in and saw the display of circuit board pens. Bought a kit and put the bag in my car. It was a hot day and when I got home a few hours latter got out the kit. The resin the circuit board is set in was soft and sticky. I set it out on the table overnight and it is better this morning but still a little sticky. Did I do a bad thing by letting it get too hot? If the resin is this sensitive to heat how do you finish it? Anybody out there have any experience with these kits?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rjwolfe3

Someone posted last week that their blank was sticky as well. The answer that was given was that the sticky will turn away. But I would very careful leaving anything pen related in a hot car.

mick

Boz, every one I ever turned has been slightly sticky or tacky....It'll turn off and the pen should be fine.

darcisowers

mine was sticky too and it didn't spend time in a hot car!

Just learn from my "mistake" - this kit uses different bushings than the other sierra/wall street pens. it's for the larger wall street THREE. :eek:

Top Bottom