Circuit Board

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I see Woodcraft has a sale on some circuitboard pens and for a limited time free shipping after $25 http://www.woodcraft.com/Family/2021188/Circuit-Board-Pen-Kit.aspx

My problem is I am trying to get away from the Sierra type pens with the tranny screwing in the center. My question is will that circuit board blank fit and work on any of the Sierra clones such as the Elegant Sierras where the tranny screws into the top cap.??? If yes is there any problems or things to watch for??? Will they work on a Sierra click pen without that small adapter???

Also I am interested in the flash drive units. Has anyone done these and are the flash drives of good quality???

Last but not least are these good prices and if you have a better source what is it??? Thanks in advance.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

darcisowers

I learned the hard way... These kits come with the Wall Street THREE pen, my bushings are for the wall street TWO. At least I had extra wall street two kits around the house to fix my mistake.

I'm not sure if they fit the other pens, as they come with the tube already glued in place... They probably would work for the short sierra click pen.

I thought it was a great price, $15 for the circuit board tube and the pen kit...

BigguyZ

I think that's a stellar price. I just picked up one of each color in chrome (I refuse to buy/ worry about the cheap gold platings). I also grabbed a Cigar set too. I'd usually buy from AS first, but this is their 31+ kit pricing and there's free shipping. But if you want Black PCB or better platings (like Ti Gold), then you buy from Bill.

Also, they have 25% off of their laminated blanks for those too lazy to make their own (points at myself).

Great find!

Thanks,
Travis

BigguyZ

I wouldn't bother with the flash drives. A 2 GB drive is is $6 at my local tech store. A 4 GB druve is $8. 16 GB is $30... You'd have to charge about $60,. making minimal profit. For $60 you can get a 32 GB drive!

Not worth it.

Now, if the kits were 16 GB capacity, MAYBE. But high style drives are pointless. Jump drives are throw away devices that get larger capacities and faster speeds all the time. It's not like a pen where a good pen is always a good pen (propery maintained, that is). But a jump drive is quickly outdated and junk.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
I bought two of each a week ago and when checking out I used code 82010 (from an email flier I received) and got an extra $15 off because my order was over $75, along with the free shipping. The email doesn't say how long the code is good.

alphageek

Former Moderator
I wouldn't bother with the flash drives. A 2 GB drive is is $6 at my local tech store. A 4 GB druve is $8. 16 GB is $30... You'd have to charge about $60,. making minimal profit. For $60 you can get a 32 GB drive!

Not worth it.

Now, if the kits were 16 GB capacity, MAYBE. But high style drives are pointless. Jump drives are throw away devices that get larger capacities and faster speeds all the time. It's not like a pen where a good pen is always a good pen (propery maintained, that is). But a jump drive is quickly outdated and junk.

+1 agreed... Gonna be a tough sell.. If you're making one for a gift, maybe.... but even then its already overpriced.

jttheclockman

Not worth it.

+1 agreed... Gonna be a tough sell.. If you're making one for a gift, maybe.... but even then its already overpriced.

Good point and I guess I will pass on these.

PenMan1

John:
For $5 LESS than the price of the blank only, you get a real crappy pen kit, too! The ones I bought fit the Elegent Sierra.... And I can never have enough spare Parker springs.

Be sure to check the instructions BEFORE buying. If the bushings are the same code as Wall Street, they will fit other kits. A different bushing number means they don't fit the regular Sierra.

As for flash drives, they were an overpriced, dismal sales flop in my area. NOBODY here pays even $10 for a flash drive. With a coupon, they'll give you a flash drive at office supply stores.

BigguyZ

I bought two of each a week ago and when checking out I used code 82010 (from an email flier I received) and got an extra $15 off because my order was over $75, along with the free shipping. The email doesn't say how long the code is good.

Dang! I tried it and it applies! Too late for my order, though. I'm going to email Woodcraft and see if they'll refund $15...

BigguyZ

I emailed Woodcraft last night asking about the $15 discount. They already billed my card since the order shipped, but they said they've credited $15 back to my card.

I gotta say, I'm impressed with that level of customer service....

Top Bottom