Cinnamon Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rudy Vey

This is also known as Camphor Burl, here is a link to more info on this wood:

http://www2.fpl.fs.fed.us/TechSheets/Chudnoff/SEAsian_Oceanic/htmlDocs_seasian/Cinnamomumspp.html

wayneis

If you are looking for it because of the pink color, I don't want to burst your bubble but it turns brown vary fast. I've got a hunk sitting in my shop that I probably never use, for pens anyway.

Wayne

gerryr

I don't care about any pink color. Here's a link to the photo that got me interested in the wood.
http://www.rodbuilding.org/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/1473/cat/500/page/1

Dario

Cool looking rod.

Out of curiousity, what did you see in this wood that is different? I mean I think these features (as nice as they are) are common to others too. What part did you liked most that it stood out for you?

Fangar

I have quite a bit of camphor burl pen blanks. Are you looking for larger pieces. It is kind of hard to find. The majority of the time, you will locate Camphor, but not the burl. I have had numerous emails into people that mill the wood. They often get large hunks of so called burl that turns out to be plain jane. The wood turns beautifully, and is very aromatic.

Cheers,

Fangar

gerryr

Dario,
The fellow who built the rod is a friend and also a wood turner. If he says a particular kind of wood is nice looking, I tend to take his word for it. Plus, I'm always looking to try some new wood.

Fangar,
If you're interested in selling some that camphor burl let me know. I'm interested in pen blanks.

Dario

Gerry,

Good enough for me [:)]...actually I thought there are things that you see but not obvious in the picture. Most beautiful wood are rarely presented well on pics.

Like you, I respect other peoples' taste too that if they love it ...it must be good! [:D].

Fangar

I also looked at the gilmer wood site. Their Camphor is very pale. Not sure what the difference might be. Mine looks dark red and tan like a leather.

Gerry... Sent you a PM.

Fangar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom