cigars

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

alamocdc

Tonight I glued up six sets of blanks for cigars (my first) I got from BB last week and just finished turning and finishing the first. I think I'm in love!!! Turned the curly oak I found in my scrap pile first (posted picture a few days ago). Nothing fancy, no coves, or beads, just a regular cigar, but that curl is something. It's still sitting in the lathe to cure until tomorrow. Now all I have to do is figure out how to put the 8,000 parts together from the diagramless instructions. I picture is worth a million words, folks. And a group of labeled pictures accompanied by instructions is priceless!!! Too bad I don't have that.:( Anyway, I'll post a picture of it tomorrow night for you folks to critique. If I don't destroy it putting it together that is!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fangar

Originally posted by alamocdc
<br />Tonight I glued up six sets of blanks for cigars (my first) I got from BB last week and just finished turning and finishing the first. I think I'm in love!!! Turned the curly oak I found in my scrap pile first (posted picture a few days ago). Nothing fancy, no coves, or beads, just a regular cigar, but that curl is something. It's still sitting in the lathe to cure until tomorrow. Now all I have to do is figure out how to put the 8,000 parts together from the diagramless instructions. I picture is worth a million words, folks. And a group of labeled pictures accompanied by instructions is priceless!!! Too bad I don't have that.[:(] Anyway, I'll post a picture of it tomorrow night for you folks to critique. If I don't destroy it putting it together that is!

This might help. I made up a bunch of these cards, for different pen kits on 4x6" cards, and laminated them. I make so many cigars, that I really don't use this one much, but when I turn something like a Robusto (That I rarely turn) I will reference the card.

Also, check Woodcrafts website. They have all of their kits on PDF's there. Tte cigars are all pretty much the same.

Cheers,

James

20055256312_cigar.jpg

alamocdc

DUH!! I just did a Google search for cigar instructions and found YoYoSpin's web site with them. Then I remembered seeing them here some time ago, at least I was pretty sure I did. I did some looking around and sure enough, right there off of the home page under "Instructions". [:I] Just color me stupid!!

Anyway, thanks, Ed!!!

esheffield

I just made my first cigar earlier this week, and have my second with the Enduro curing on it now and will finish it tonight. Great kit, I love it! Gonna be hard going back to the 2 dozen or so slimline kits I bought at the same time. [:p] Have to come up with some embellishments to liven them up I guess! [:D]

I also got my from BB, but the instructions that came with mine did have a diagram. The ones I got were by Berea. Anyway, looks like you have what you need now anyway. Enjoy!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
James,

What a plan!

I can't begin to tell you how many times I have taken apart pens that I mis-assembled. YOUR diagram is sheer genius. Now, if I make them up, will I LOOK at them???? Hmmmmmmm!

Thanks

alamocdc

Eddie, mine came with single diagram of parts on the front of the first page as well, but I wasn't that happy about the "read a line, go back to the diagram to figure out what part they are talking about, and try to do it" technique. Ed's instructions are more detailed and should suit my visual mind better.

I know, I know, real men don't need instructions! Well, I don't either, but I do need pictures.[8]

MDWine

Sounds like a meeting of "my first cigar pen" club, so I'll have to join!
I just did my first this week, too!
You could have had three sets of instructions, ALL look different! I had to disassemble Toms's a little to figure it out.
I like the idea of making your own cards. If you make your own AFTER you understand HOW, it will make YOUR card easier to understand!!
(does that make sense?[:p])
[here again, if ignorance is bliss, I should be a lot happier!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom