Cigar transmission ?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

doddman70

We just ordered a bunch of cigar pens from a new supplier to us. We have made 2 of them so far and both of them the transmissions seem to be stiff, and the refill doesn't retract all the way with out pushing on the tip. It will go in just not by itself. Any sugestions?

Thanks Shane

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mrcook4570

It might not be the transmission, but the tip of the refill may be slightly larger than others or there may be thicker plating at the nib end. This can be reamed out with either a small drill bit, file, or xacto knife.

Yep, check what Stan said. Easy way is to remove refill and stick it in from the opposite direction in the nib, you'll know right away if that's your problem. Can't offhand recall what drill size I use when this happens on a cigar, but not hard to figure that out. Sometimes the plating is too heavy, causing this problem; other times, just a little too much force is used in the press during the assembly process--that can cause the problem, as well. DAMHIKT.....good luck!

doddman70

The refill and the hole in the nib are fine has a good fit. the refill goes in and out just fine. when the refill is almost retracted it just slowly comes to a stop and i have to just give it a little push and it goes in the rest of the way. i'll give the wd40 a try today and see if that works as well as turn another one of the kits and see if it does it 3 out of 3 kits.

thanks shane

doddman70

ED, Worked like a charm!! Thanks a lot. maybe i should try stretching my brain a little bit in the shop who knows what might happen[:D][:D][:D] off to the shop i go

Thanks Shane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom