Cigar RB Questiion

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Does anyone have experience with the Cigar Rollerball that uses a wet-ink refill like a FP rather than a standard rollerball refill. I didn't know such a thing existed until I was looking for a Cigar rollerball.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

penmaker56

If your section on your fountain pen uses a 6.4 x .5 metric thread, I have my "Rolling Righter" tip, that uses either a standard international cartridge or converter.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
If your section on your fountain pen uses a 6.4 x .5 metric thread, I have my "Rolling Righter" tip, that uses either a standard international cartridge or converter.

I'm sort of wondering how they do it...are they using FP ink cartridges with some sort of a modified tip or what?

Whaler

Use the Private Reserve easy Flow 9000 refills from Exotic Blanks. They are ballpoint but write almost like a rollerball.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thanks for trying, Dick---we appreciate all the help we can get!!!

In this case, however, the product Richard handles is, I believe, what Smitty wants. Although we could supply it, we have not added it to our line---Richard has had this for years and knows the product.

(For those who may not realize it, there IS a ROLLERBALL version (also a fountain pen version) of the Cigar kit, so we are NOT discussing the regular Cigar ballpoint that everyone thinks of when we say "cigar")

Last edited:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I do

Use the Private Reserve easy Flow 9000 refills from Exotic Blanks. They are ballpoint but write almost like a rollerball.

I use easyFlow 9000 refills but that ain't the question in this case. The cigar I am asking about is from Dayacom and their listing imply's that it does not use a typical rollerball refill like say -- PSI's Big Ben cigar Rollerball.

penmaker56

Thanks Ed.
Smitty, the "Rolling Righter" is a roller ball/ball point tip that fits the Schmidt #5 fountain pen housing unit, which uses a 6.4 x .5 metric thread, they are interchangeable. It writes like a roller ball, but uses and fills like a fountain pen, with either a standard international cartridge (standard length or long) or through the tip using a converter. Ed is right, I've had this in stock since Schmidt sent me a prototype and was their first order for production. It will wear out eventually, but lasts four times than other tips like it on the market.

KenV

My wife has been using one of these for over 1/2 a year with no maintenance other than replacing ink refill. They are nominal in price and continue to leave a nice line.

These are not something you want to put into a pocket or purse without a cap -- the ink WILL wick out and create the dreaded shirt blotch or purse blotch.

With the chasing of the threads, these fit nicely into Jr Gent II and Baron fountain pens as an alterantive tip.

I have not tried the fountainpen cigar format though.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Thanks Ed.
Smitty, the "Rolling Righter" is a roller ball/ball point tip that fits the Schmidt #5 fountain pen housing unit, which uses a 6.4 x .5 metric thread, they are interchangeable. It writes like a roller ball, but uses and fills like a fountain pen, with either a standard international cartridge (standard length or long) or through the tip using a converter. Ed is right, I've had this in stock since Schmidt sent me a prototype and was their first order for production. It will wear out eventually, but lasts four times than other tips like it on the market.

Thank you, that was the information I was looking for. I have never seen this and ran into it at Dayacom's site with the Cigar Fountain pen.

Top Bottom