Cigar question/issue

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Haynie

I have never made a cigar but was thinking maybe I should. They are comfortable to use. I got a cigar in the PITH and it is a very very nice pen. The components on the other hand are having an issue. As I write the tip retracts into the barrel, and the tip no loner comes all the way out of the barrel. Seriously, it did when I got it but now even pushing the refill in all the way does not let it come out completely. Is this issue normal for this component set?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Haynie

Thanks. I will look into it.

Side note

While in college I worked graveyard at a convenience store in a very BAD part of town. Prostitutes, johns, dealers and clients were my main customers.

There were a couple bad trannys there too. It is amazing how much a word depends on context for meaning.

InvisibleMan

Thanks. I will look into it.

Side note

While in college I worked graveyard at a convenience store in a very BAD part of town. Prostitutes, johns, dealers and clients were my main customers.

There were a couple bad trannys there too. It is amazing how much a word depends on context for meaning.

Now THAT's a side note:eek::biggrin:

On the cigars, don't let that one keep you down. I make them for myself because they're my favorite all around pen - great to use, lots of blank to show off, Easyflow ink rocks, etc.... I've never had a bad tranny, I swear.

mick

Mark, is it a new refill? If so sometimes a different brand is slightly larger than the refills provided with the cigar hardware. If that's the case then the refill can't come out far enough to lock in place. This would account as to why it retracts when you write.
You said it wouldn't come out even when you pushed it all the way in. This leads me to believe this is what happening. Try a very small drill bit and ream the opening out by hand. The refill should come all the way out then. Hope I've been of help.

Last edited:

jlord

Before you ream it out try inserting the ink cartridge thru the opening to check if it fits thru ok or is hanging up. You don't want to ream it larger for no reason.

Top Bottom