Cigar pen question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Ok I am looking for more variety in my pens, all I can make is the slimline and the slimline pro pens. I want to start making the cigar pens because I saw at Penn state ind. they can be a rollerball and fountain pen as well as a twist.
My question is do these kits have any plastic parts? I don't wanna be making a kit that will break on me or someone else cause of some plastic.
Thanks,
Clay

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Padre

I get the ultra cigar kit from exoticblanks.com and it has no plastic parts that I know of.

Russianwolf

to my knowledge, none of the cigars have any plastic.

The black enamel is the weak link in the kit, as it is more prone to chipping/scratching than the metal platings. The rollerball and fountain aren't too bad, but they are metal to metal threads so not great in terms of plating wear there and also can come open easier than the metal to delrin in the more respected kits.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Other kits

Ok I am looking for more variety in my pens, all I can make is the slimline and the slimline pro pens. I want to start making the cigar pens because I saw at Penn state ind. they can be a rollerball and fountain pen as well as a twist.
My question is do these kits have any plastic parts? I don't wanna be making a kit that will break on me or someone else cause of some plastic.
Thanks,
Clay

There are lots of kits that don't have any plastic. Polaris has none, Comforts, and at least some of the designers ....

Hess

I know this is not what you asked but I started doing sierras because you can get 2 pens out of 1 blank

I have made many Cigars with just regular refill and have had good luck

Hess

Top Bottom