Cigar pen quality?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Camardelle

I've been using Cigar kits from Legacy off of eBay. Decent kit, but nothing to write home about. I am curious as to whether the Cigar kits from PSI are any better. They cost twice as much.

Please share your experiences. I like the kit overall and it gives me something to test market other than Slimlines. I also think the added "heft" of the kit gives it more quality. Plus it's a cool pen.

Thanks in advance for your input. All input is welcomed.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

I suggest you try, for comparison, the Cigar kits from Berea ... sold by ExoticBlanks and by BearToothWoods, and others, as well as by BereaHardwoods directly. . In my opinion, the extra $ is well worth it.

nebens

Yesterday I stared to assemble my first Cigar kit and found 4 or 5 pits on the clip and pits and scratches on the nib. Will call PSI tomorrow and see what happens.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
We did shows from 1995 to 2010--I sold thousands of cigar pens. I bought from CSUSA and Berea. Paid about $5, buying 300 at a time. RARELY did I have any issue, replaced a few transmissions on pens used for over a year.

One year I bought some Chinese pens--crimped a few "nibs" while assembling, had several transmissions that were bad and had parts that did not fit correctly. BUT, I saved a buck on each one--the next year, I went back to Berea and CSUSA. My reputation with MY customers was worth more than a buck, to me.

Chinese kits HAVE gotten better, but their prices have gone up, too.

Talltim

I have been happy with both cusa and berea.

In addition exotic blanks carries dayacom cigars as well.

My experience with Chinese kits has been sorrowful in general.

Last edited:

Camardelle

You get what you pay for when buying clone pen frames.

Les

I agree Les. I was curious as to whether they were all the same. I bought these likely a year ago when I was just getting acquainted with the process. I didn't think I'd be replacing them with the same items based on my experience but wanted to check with experts here.

Camardelle

I did a kit today from Turners Warehouse. It was a meager $3 more than the ones I got off eBay. What a difference! Much nicer hardware and the transmission was smooth as silk. Big difference. Never going back to a cheaper kit again.

6916415eb80e3a68eec3f13ac6d79966.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Top Bottom