Cigar Pen Problem - Help!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wheeljack

Okay, a boo-boo happened. After assembling a cigar pen, I noticed that I had left out one of the little discs that goes in the middle. Now both of the other pieces are fully seated in the barrels, but the little disc (center band ring) is not on the pen.

Is there a way to remove the center band assembly so that the center band ring can be put back in place? Otherwise, the pen doesn't fit together right!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

I use the Harbor Freight transfer punches to disassemble pen. I think the set is around $10, one of the best tools I ever got for making pens.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
If it works without it it becomes a design opportunity.
Who says it has to look like the picture?
Some people like to draw OUTSIDE the lines.
If that doesn't suit you the transfer punches work well.
PRESS out the finial that holds the clip on DO'T bang it out!
From the end the clip attached at whack out the stupid powder coated unnecessary piece that guides the refill into the finial tube. (the big black one.)
Reverse the steps.

mewell

I've done the same thing. You can make your own dis-assembly tools using 16 penny nails. Holding the nail in your fingers, spin it against a grinding wheel to make the head of the nail just small enough to fit into the center band end towards the clip holder.

tn_nail.jpg

Whack the end of the nail to push the top of the pen out. Now grind the head of another nail to just fit the 10mm tube from the top down. Now just whack the nail against the center band until it comes out and place your missing ring on. If you're careful grinding and keep the fit as snug as you can you should be able to re-use the parts. I've managed to gather up several different sizes of these "tools" and keep them with my slimline disassembler.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom