Cigar pen kits and different drill bits....?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

mike_l

Hello all. I haven't been around here for a few weeks. Life keeps gettng in the way of my fun. :)
Anyway, I got the starter kit for cigar pens from CS-USA. It has a 25/64 inch drill bit and the bushings. The kits from Penn State and Berea use a 10mm bit. My question is, can I use my drill bit and bushings from CS with a PSI kit? The PSI kits are less expensive. :D

Thanks,
Mike L

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
A 25/64ths bit is 0.3906" in diameter. A 10mm bit is 0.394" in diameter. .004" is about the thickness of two hairs on your head, if you have any. For pen making the bits are interchangable. I think you will find the tubes are of the same identical material.

All you have to do is measure the end parts of the pen and make sure that the bushings you have match the diameter of the parts that fit where the bushings go.

mike_l

Thanks Mac!! I'd hoped that would be the answer. Now off to make some pens.
Oh, and about the hair. They are there, just harder and harder to find!
Mike L

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
If you are looking for the best buy on Cigar kits.. contact Bill B at Arizona Sihouette. http://www.arizonasilhouette.com/Specials.htm He is currently selling them for @2.95 ea in Gold, Chrome, Satin Gold, Satin Nickel and Satin Pearl... I believe this is going to be a long time price...
He also is now selling Berea 24J slimlines at $1.49 ea and that will be the standard price....
I am not affiliated with Bill B, I am just one of his happy customers... you can not go wrong buying from him... his only fault is that he has always send me some neat wood that I have never tried and then I need to buy more of it from him.. LOL..

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
All Cigar kits take the Parker sytle refills...
On some of the Euro styles you need to be carefull... some take Parkers and some take Cross...

William Young

The last order of kits I got from Bill B at Arizona Silhouette included a freebie of the most beautifull stabilized blank of masur birch that I have ever seen. That pen is my own personal one and if anyone wants to buy it they are going to have to pay big time. My order came priority mail in just three days and the S/H was only $3.85. There was a USPS tracking # with the order and I was able to check every in and out location on its way here. Hard to beat service like that.

Here is the pen I turned from that blank. Unfortunately the picture does not even come close to what it looks like in reality. This particular one has a WB laquer finish. I use it every day and the finish still looks exactly the way it did when I applied it.
W.Y.
66327434.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom