Cigar pen kits?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
It's time to get another bunch of kits. I know there are some differences in the kits but they all seem to be good, except the last batch I got from a small supplier here which I will no long lorder them from since he wouldn't warnteed any of them, he just gave me a hard time and said it was my fault as they kept comming back. Anyhow where is a good cheap place to order these from? Need to get a new source. Any place I can order a bunch from at a discount?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Russianwolf

I'm a fan of the two-tone cigars from woodpenpro.com. they look a bit better than the black enamel kits from others and hold up well. The only thing is you need to sand,file,ream the inside of the centerband as the plating are a touch too think to twist without being modified.

Jim, the owner, does volume discounts as well as discounts based on total purchase.

warreng8170

I'm a fan of the two-tone cigars from woodpenpro.com. they look a bit better than the black enamel kits from others and hold up well. The only thing is you need to sand,file,ream the inside of the centerband as the plating are a touch too think to twist without being modified.

Jim, the owner, does volume discounts as well as discounts based on total purchase.

These aren't the only cigars I use, but I do agree with the sentiment. It's amazing how good these things look. Quite a big difference compared to the standard black enamel.

As for the regular cigars, I really like the Chrome and Black Ti cigars from Arizona Silhouette. Great quality so far and good prices.

Ordered I decided to also try the chrome and black ti. One place above is the place I won't deal with got bad kits and money blanks and they wouldn't warntee so I decided to get them from the one above that the peoson had no trouble with.

rjwolfe3

Be careful who you order from for inexpensively priced kits. There is a reason they are priced cheaper then everyone else. Especially the Titanium ones. Most of them have been badly plated before you even touch them. I tend to buy the average priced ones anymore. Didn't like the hassle of fighting with a vendor to replace the ones I couldn't use. Just my 2 cents.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Be careful who you order from for inexpensively priced kits. There is a reason they are priced cheaper then everyone else. Especially the Titanium ones. Most of them have been badly plated before you even touch them. I tend to buy the average priced ones anymore. Didn't like the hassle of fighting with a vendor to replace the ones I couldn't use. Just my 2 cents.

Just don't expect the $1.50 kits to be the same as the $4.50 kits and you'll never be disappointed. Considering that I have turned a few hundred pens and am still an absolute novice it's easy to understand why there is a demand for low priced kits....but expect to get what you pay for.

pmpartain

I normally get mine from Arizona Silhouette or Woodcraft. Bear Tooth Woods is also a good place. Not to hijack this thread, but I need to order some stuff from CSUSA and need some cigar pens as well. Are the CSUSA cigars and the Berea cigars the same diameters? Thanks very much and I hope I haven't de-railed this discussion.

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
there is a demand for low priced kits....but expect to get what you pay for.

I think part of the problem is that we can get 'great' kits or 'good' kits, and
we can get 'so-so' kits or 'not that great' kits. Prices don't always reflect
this.

But I don't think any of us expect to pay ANY money for kits that should
never reach the marketplace to begin with. And there's a lot of those kits
out there.

I aggree I don't want crap, but I don't want to over pay eithor especally if I am order $300 worth of cigar kits like this order. Trouble is prices are all over the place and most come from the same factory anyhow. I don't mind if I get a bad kit or two chroming small things can be a pain but I do expect the vender to make good and not just tell me it is my fault and not take things back so customer service also counts.

Top Bottom