Cigar Pen Kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Irish Pat

I have just bought some Cigar pen kits but I didn't realise how big the pens are when finished.Are the Ultra cigar pen kit any smaller?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

healeydays

I've noticed the same thing and have also noticed that women aren't liking the fatness of these pens. I'm trying to experiment with other reasonably priced kits...

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I've noticed the same thing and have also noticed that women aren't liking the fatness of these pens. I'm trying to experiment with other reasonably priced kits...

The instant reaction of women has always been, it is too big and too heavy.
I sold hundreds, if not thousands to women who returned the next year to purchase more, once they became accustomed to writing with a bigger pen.

However, the path of least resistance is to show smaller pens---there are many new "two-piece" ballpoints--atrax, triton. Then there is the established Jr. Gent ballpoint. Or the comfort rendition of the slimline (although this has a cross refill, so I would not say it is an "easy" sale).

But, today you have several two piece, along with the one piece (sierra-style). Try them until you find the one that sells easily for you.

Ed

jttheclockman

I have sold more cigar pens to women than men to date. They are not that large if you do not make such wide blanks.

kovalcik

The Euro or Designer pen is a nice size. More meat than an Comfort, smaller than a Cigar. Uses a cross refill though if that is an issue. I always end up selling any Euros I make.

fernhills

Cigars are one of the best pens around. Tubes are only 10mm that is about the size for small rollerball/fountain pen. You turn them straight and they would not be big at all. I like the double twist action and the Parker style re-fill makes for a well made pen. Good luck, Carl.

Dan Masshardt

It is interesting how different a cigar pen can look with different shape.

I do not recommend taking the top tube from bushing to bushing straight though.

I think if you think the cigar is too fat, just try a different style. Everybody has different tastes.

Top Bottom