cigar pen kit, lower tube too long

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

aggromere

I built me 12 cigar pens over the last couple days and 3 of them have lower tubes that are too long. I didn't notice it till after I had made them and assembled the lower barrel. I either got some badly measured tubes or there is another 10mm tube out there that is just slightly longer than the lower cigar barrel, anyway.

Does anyone know of a way to correct that but shiming the tranny or something else or do you just have to take it apart and shorten the barrel with a disk sander.

Also, anyone else ever gotten the wrong sized tubes in a kit?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

aggromere

That's why you make the big bucks Ed. Removing the trim ring did the trick. They are all black chrome so it almost doens't show. Thanks. I checked the refills they are all the same.

Sylvanite

If you need less reduction than the trim ring width, you can sand the threaded end of the cigar pen transmission a little (I use a disk sander). It will then screw down farther on the coupler and the refill will extend more. Go lightly and make sure to blow all the brass dust out.

Regards,
Eric

toddlajoie

Well, if you think you may have mixed up some brass tubes (or maybe your supplier did), while the cigar tubes are listed as 10mm and the sierra/wall st2/etc. tubes are listed as 27/64" if you hold them end to end, you'll find that they are about as close to an exact match as you could ever tell (I haven't bothered to check with calipers, but I'd bet that no company is bothering to make brass tubes THAT close together without coming out of the same machine...) You'll also find that the Sierra/WS2/etc are about 1/4" longer than the Cigar tubes, which sounds like it's just about the length that you are over. If you consider that the Sierra/WS2 clicks are a bit longer still, that could be a reason if you ended up well over 1/4 too long...

KenV

Actually Todd --- the cigar slips into the Sierra tube with just a bit of clearance -- and that is the trick to making one piece cigar pens.

toddlajoie

Actually Todd --- the cigar slips into the Sierra tube with just a bit of clearance -- and that is the trick to making one piece cigar pens.

Maybe I'm wrong in what I'm calling the siera then, but the Wall St 2 tubes I have are dead on with the cigar tubes...

Top Bottom