Cigar mistake

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveJ

I switched tubes on a cigar kit and turned the upper (shorter) tube to the bushing for the lower (longer) tube. Although it isn't an expensive blank, it is a nice looking one. I was wondering if there was a kit which could use the messed up blanks. The PDF of the bushing sizes isn't searchable, and I haven't been able to find something that would be compatible with my mistake.

I would appreciate any suggestions!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary Beasley

Try building the Ca finish up on the blank to the proper diameter and refinishing it. The magnifying effect of the clear finish will make the undersize nature of the blank not very apparent.

stuckinohio

The princess upper tube is slightly shorter than the cigar upper at 1.5 inches versus 1.91, but you could shorten the tube some and use that.

you would need to shorten the blank from the .459 side because the princess upper blank is .492 at both ends.

I have found that you can lengthen the upper tube on the princess slightly and it will still activate the transmission. I can't remember how far I could go though.

Last edited:

SteveJ

Try building the Ca finish up on the blank to the proper diameter and refinishing it. The magnifying effect of the clear finish will make the undersize nature of the blank not very apparent.

I had thought of that, but unfortunately it would take a LOT of CA to build it up - and the blank is a nice looking acrylic but not worth sending to someone to cast!

SteveJ

The princess upper tube is slightly shorter than the cigar upper at 1.5 inches versus 1.91, but you could shorten the tube some and use that.

you would need to shorten the blank from the .459 side because the princess upper blank is .492 at both ends.

I have found that you can lengthen the upper tube on the princess slightly and it will still activate the transmission. I can't remember how far I could go though.

Thanks! I'll put the blank aside for when I buy a princess kit and try it.

Top Bottom