Cigar Help Needed, Please!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Colleen

Hi,

I have the cigar components from CSUSA. On the first half dozen or so, I used the CSUSA refill only and did not try an authentic Parker. The refills extended an appropriate length from the tip.

Last week, I made one in which I intended to install a blue Parker. The CSUSA refill extended an appropriate length, but the Parker was shorter. I tried several Parker refills in fact, and they were all too short.

Help! What is the lower tube length needed to accommodate a Parker? Or what else might I consider? I have digital calipers.

Your responses will be much appreciated -- especially because I need to make 2 cigars today!

Colleen

gerryr

This may not be the problem, but it has been noted before. Take just nib piece and make sure the Parker refill will go through the hole as far as you would want it. If it doesn't, you can use a jewelers rat-tail file or a small drill bit to enlarge it. There have been a number of people who've reported that real Parker refills don't always fit through the hole properly. That the only thing I can think of.

Dario

I agree with Gerry.

When I encounter this problem I use a very slim knife and just scrape the hole at the nib end. The plating will be removed but nothing will be exposedif you are careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom