Cigar Fountain Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SuperDave

I have thought about the Cigar Fountain Pen to see how it compares to the regular Cigar. All I find available are the 24K kits, which I am not interested in. Anyone know if other finishes are available?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sfolivier

"metal to metal thread cap/body interface, which for many is a deal killer"

Actually, I like those the best. I really think they look sharper. Plastic really looks so cheap :( I know some people say that the metal/metal threads don't hold very well. I've never had this problem. I can see the slippage at time but it's never been to the point where it became an issue.

I've also only seen the kit in gold at PSI.

Russianwolf

It's only available in 24k Gold through PSI (or resellers).

The treading is metal to metal, other manufacturers overcome thi by having a delrin insert in the cap so you don't see the plastic at all.I know the Baron sitting in my hand has metal threads showing, and as much as I've used it, the thread still look nice. Expect the threads to loose the 24k plating on the Cigar faster than any other part.

Sfolivier

OK, I understand what you mean now. The pens I turn the most (Junior Gentlemen II / Junior Statemen II) all have plastic threading inside the cap. I guess I was spolied without even knowing it...

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by bjackman

You could always do a clear powder coat over the 24k, but you still end up with a metal to metal thread cap/body interface, which for many is a deal killer.

I know less than the average mule about powder coating, but wouldn't you have to clean and remove any epoxy coating or whatever that might be on the 24K plating?

Firefyter-emt

As did all my Jr. Gent / Statesman style kits as well. But I agree about metal to metal, they are even worse. The ones that held up the best (before breaking) was the Churchill / El-Grande style.

Originally posted by gerryr

Metal to metal threads will un-thread themselves in your pocket. DAMHIKT [B)]

Top Bottom