Cigar different brands

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

dbriski

I am looking into getting some Cigar kits. Does anyone have the preferences between CSUSA, PSI, Berea. I noticed PSI and Berea use 10mm drill bits, where CSUSA uses 25/64 (thats only .003) difference. is this close enough to be for the drill bits and barrel trimmer sleeves to be interchageable (not the kit parts) CSUSA seems the most limited for plating choices and slightly higher pricing.

What are you preferences?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

twoofakind

Considering plating availability and pricing, I would stick with the berea kits. Those are my best sellers because of all the choices available.
Andy

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I BELIEVE they are all the same. I get spare tubes from one and use any kit I grab - they all fit with the same bushings.

Mikey

Tubes, I believe they are the same as well. Suppliers are a bit different though. I have Cigar pens from Arizona/Berea and theya re double twist. I also bought some kits from Woodpenpro and while IMO they look better because of the plating, they are single twist. I personally like the single twist because it's either open or it's not. i've had double twist pens open up in my pocket. All in personal preference though.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I learned something!! All of mine are double-twist, didn't know there was a single.

I should probably clarify: Mine all came from Berea or it's resellers (as I review). CSUSA doesn't sell it in TN Gold, but their 10kt used to be double-twist as well (I sold a ton of THEM).[:D][:D]

arioux

Hi,

I tried them all, all with the same mandrel and busing, never saw a difference. All the bags are the same and come from the same place. Woopenpro transmission are single twist. He also have a better plating for the black part (black chrome instead of the black enamel that chips fairly easy.
But they are all good, even the 24k gold seems to be better than the same plating on other pen models.

Alfred

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom