Cigar clip problems--- anyone else?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

redfishsc

I have just made two cigar pens that I am sure are Berea kits (from two different sources, one being Woodcraft).

One was a chrome and the other was black.

The problem is that the clip ring is HUGE. It does not fit snug over the threaded cap. The outer diameter is right, but the inner diameter is a solid 1/16" off.

I will be contacting the supplier as soon as I can count up how many I have that are goofed.

I had this problem with the Atlas from Woodcraft once, but it was a small hole (which a vice and drill bit handled nicely).

kirkfranks

I checked my supply of Berea Cigars (bought from A.S.)and I did not see any with this problem. I have Ti-Gold and Black-Ti versions.
Let us know what your supplier says.

redfishsc

I actually double-checked my stash and they were all from one of our internet resellers (I won't say who at the moment since I like them), none from Woodcraft.

It is a kit that is "imported" from some other no-name company, I don't think it was Berea.

Anyhow, I just know I'll be buying my cigars from somewhere else. I hate things like that but I guess that's how it goes.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Your internet reseller SHOULD be able to supply you with replacement clips that are correct. In fact, he probably will go back to the manufacturer and get a compensation of SOME kind - I know I would!!!

So, while we are never HAPPY to discover problems, they can be treated as opportunities to make our suppliers (the manufacturers, themselves) do a more thorough job of quality control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom