Cigar bushings?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pipeyeti

I picked up a set of cigar bushings from CSUSA and a couple of kits. I have used up the kits and loved them. My question is if I go to my local woodcraft and pick up a few more cigar kits, will the bushings from CSUSA be compatable with the kits from woodcraft?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

toolcrazy

Grab some kits and take some measurements. I am under the impression most cigar kits are the same bushing. I've used the same bushings for several brands without any problem.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Wood Craft will tell you NO.

I have turned the new (last summer it was called new and different) WoodCraft cigar with old bushings, worked fine.

Went to teach at WoodCraft, they said it would NOT work to use old ones - had my caliper with me - Could find NO reason why it would not work. BUT, they say it won't, I say it will.

Pick your source.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
they say it won't, I say it will
Well, Ed, John and Paul said
You say yes, I say no
You say stop and I say go, go, go
Oh, no
You say goodbye and I say hello
Hello, hello
I don't know why you say goodbye
I say hello
Hello, hello
I say hello

I say high, you say low
You say why, and I say I don't know
Oh, no
Hello, hello
I say hello
Hello, hello
I say hello

hilltopper46

I have a set of Cigar bushings from CSUSA that are NOT the right size for a Berea (or PSI) pen. They may not be the correct size for CSUSA pens either, but I have never purchased a CSUSA Cigar pen kit....

Tonto

Proprietary bushings for similarly named kits that don't interchange bother me. Does it bother anyone else? This has kept me from trying some new kits as a beginner. Some get $3 for a set and others $6.95. Just bugs me.

Kadmos

Seems to me woodcrafts cigar bushing don't really fit woodcrafts kits...but thats just that centerband chamfer. Just as soon as I finally got it worn down right, I need to replace the other bushings!!

webmonk

What I've found with the few Cigars that I've turned from Woodcraft is that the rear bushing for the lower part of the pen is a bit too large. It's the same size as the part with the rounded edge, which means you're left with a groove between the body and the ring. (To compensate I use a smaller bushing there and use calipers to know when to stop turning.) I'm not sure if this is a problem with a parts mismatch at our local store or what, but I bought another set of bushings and more kits and ran into the same issue.

M

Mudder

Originally posted by DCBluesman

they say it won't, I say it will
Well, Ed, John and Paul said
You say yes, I say no
You say stop and I say go, go, go
Oh, no
Hello, hello
I say hello
Hello, hello
I say hello

I say high, you say low
You say why, and I say I don't know
Oh, no
Hello, hello
I say hello
Hello, hello
I say hello

Yes, but the guys from R.E.M. said:

I am superman, and I can do anything.

I've found that the woodcraft bushings work just fine for kits from Woodcraft, Arizona silhouette, woodturningz, & Craft Supplies.

makaiolani

I don't like Woodcraft and Berea bushings. They are not as durable as Dayacom's bushings. Let me know if you need some I've got too much and I can send some out to you at cost. About 2 dollars plus shipping. I've used berea and they never seem to last. Also, the bushing diameters are slightly different.

Rmartin

I have bought cigar bushings from at least three different suppliers, and they are all the same diameters, but they all have different lenghts. One even has the upper and lower center bushings combined. And yes, I go through a lot of bushings.

Top Bottom