Cigar/Big Ben pencil question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Yesterday it was suggested that I look at the cigar pencil for my "visible eraser" pencil. Last night, I did.

The only cigar pencil kit I had was from Woodcraft. When the top is removed, the hole that remains is still UNDER a quarter inch.

Does anyone have a cigar pencil mechanism that has a hole through the top that is a quarter inch plus?

CSUSA and Penn State kits would be the most likely, since my Woodcraft is probably the same as Berea.

Thanks for looking!!!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
74 readings and no answers!!!

PLease, measure your holes (in the top of cigar pens).

Customer is reminding me she wanted FAT pen.

Thanks again for reading and, Hopefully, some input

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Ed, I believe that the CSU and Berea cigar pens are identical, in fact I am 99% sure they take the same bushings... what diameter do you need to fit the eraser...

The Havana by CSU is a larger diameter pen, but I don't know if the finial screw is larger. Another option is to modify the top of a Jr Gent Ballpoint if that finial is sized correctly....
You might want to call Nils and explain what you are trying and see if he can get the measurements for you... worth a shot...

Of course there is also the possbility (highly likely) that I have absolutely no idea of what I am talking about... [:D][:D]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Griz,

The diameter I am looking for is the interior of the clip ring.

In order to modify this to handle an eraser that "sticks out", I am hoping to get a little over a quarter inch "hole".

This is my dilemma-any help is appreciated.

YEs, I can drill it out, but it will become more difficult if the "new eraser" is the only support it has.

Thanks,

We will be out of touch until Tues (Labor day show), so I am not ignoring ya'all, just "working" as pensalesman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom