Churchill and gentlemen kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

txbatons

Alan,
I just started down that road too and found out (from the friendly folks here at IAP) that the Jr Gent II, Retro and the Jr Statesman II all use the same bushings and drill bits. That made it the economical choice for me.

Firefyter-emt

and... the Churchill, El-Grande (and if you make just one cap bushing, the El-Grande Streamline too) share the same bushings.

For the Churchill/El-Grande, I would go with AZ Supply or Beartooth Woods.
CSUSA is the only place for the Gent style. Just be warned, the Gent is a LARGE kit, and even for me, who likes large kits, think it's a bit "too big" Mostly in the length, I could deal with width & heft.

I say look at the Jr.Gent / Retro / Jr. Statesman as one bushing style, but I have a set of the Jr.Gent twist pen-pencil in the shop now to fill an order and I think these are awesome for a pen/pencil set and plan to make more. Very nice pen for those who do not like the rollerball refills.

cdcarter

True, the Gent is a big, heavy pen, but I sold one earlier this week to a guy who's 6'5" with hands to match and would never have bought a Churchill. I put a Marblewood gent rollerball in his hand and never got it back. Also, the balance on the gent is incredible, making it very comfortable to write with.

jtate

Speaking of --- anyone doing a group buy from CSUSA soon? I'll do one later, right now I have to close on the house I finally sold. Trust me - no one wants to entrust money to me when I'm this distracted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom