Church Sale

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today i volunteer to donate about a dozen pens to my church to they can sell them at the yearly church christmas sale. never have sold my pens just give them away as gifts. I have making the Tapa kit from wood pen pro like it alot. But i need help on what type of kits sell the best for men and women, and what type of wood light colors or dark color woods.

Thanks[8D]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
For women (at least around me): slender pens made out of colorful acrylic. Sierras, modified slims, etc.
For men: larger wood pens. Cigars, etc out of Curly/Burl woods.

GK

kent4Him

I find that women like the European style pen. Men do too, but some men like the larger cigar styles. As far as color wood, I have found no preference by gender. Burls are good. Since it is for a church, Bethlehem Olive Wood would be a good suggestion. Woods with figure are always good.

Tuba707

There is no magic formula, but often it boils down to size and color. Women tend to like a slimmer pen with brighter colors, and tend to favor acrylic slightly (at least brighter acrylics). Men like larger pens and often favor wood, although there are many acrylics that are just very classy looking for men or for women. If you have any pink ivory, though, I would make them for the women ;)

This is just based on my experiences - this may or may not be true across the board.

By the way, men really seem to like African blackwood. A really nice, fairly inexpensive way to use the blackwood is to make them out of Chrome Euro's from Ernie at Bear Tooth (they are 2.75/kit, I believe) and shape it like a real Mont Blanc pen.

Milpaul

I agree with the Bethlehem Olive wood suggestion since it is for a church. PSI has some very nice BOW that come with a certificate. Also you can add cross clips to your slimlines.

Rifleman1776

The European is a good choice and something that you can donate without breaking your bank. I have done this at my church. By far, the Euro in Bethlehem Olive Wood with a cross clip is the most popular and appreciated by both men and women. And these donations will bring you orders from people who want to buy them.

gerryr

IF you are ultimately looking to sell your pens, be very careful what you donate. If you use 24K gold or even 10K gold plating and those cross clips, the plating will wear off, sometimes in a matter of a few weeks. I think BOW is a good suggestion, but I would recommend having a cross engraved in them rather using those crummy clips. Any place that does laser engraving can do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom