Chrome/silver looking pen blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Joey-Nieves

The trick to acrylic is very sharp tools, lite cuts and not to over heat the blank. I turn with my lathe crank up all the way cuts are smother and the blank cools faster. I like to turn with Carbide tools and a Sharp Skew. As you know there is no wright tool for the Job, everybody has a way with ther tools and will find a way to use the one they fell most confortable with, even if it's use is not intended for the job. I make my own tools and have a few EWT's from Craig that I love. I also keep them sharp with a tip I learned from Fool4peppers. You can also take a trip to Puerto Rico and I'll help you with the basics.(LOL). The weather is a little cold at 89, but I'm sure you can rough it
As for a metallic look, have you seen the Captain America Blanks by Mark?

Joey-Nieves

I bought a 4 sided diamond sharpening block at harbor freight for $10. It has 4 side, 200, 300, 400 and 600, depending on how bad the edge is on the insert cutter I rub the insert in a circular motion about 6 times and it's as good as new. Remember, diamond stones only work on carbide, if you sharpen a HSS tool it will chemically react and ruin your diamond. For HSS use CBN wheels their expensive but worth every penny.
What sharpening tip Joey?

KenV

Top Bottom