Chrome Ballpoint to match Baron/Jr. Gent 1?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

shortz1lla

Hello all. First let me state, I am not looking for the Jr. Gent II ballpoint, the gold looks like a pretty good match, but the rhodium has gold accents. I'm looking for advice on which kit(s) most closely resemble(s) the Jr. Gent 1 and Baron... chrome with black accents, similar clip style, parker refill. I've searched through threads dating back to the dawn of time and not seen anything that quite does it for me. I saw mention of the classic and designer by, I believe, Smitty, as well as the cigars by others. I am hoping these aren't the closest kits in existence. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
V/R,
Joe
Edit:
I'm looking for a twist mechanism, not a swapped refill on a RB.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan Masshardt

There isn't one that matches perfectly.

I think I'd go with the magnum cigar from woodenpenpro.com. It has a similar clip and the chrome and black would suit the baron style I think.

Dan Masshardt

It seems like there is a big hole in the market for an affordable ballpoint that matches the style of the baron etc. I know I'd buy then.

The jr gent ballpoint in rhodium is just too darn expensive for me.

shortz1lla

It seems like there is a big hole in the market for an affordable ballpoint that matches the style of the baron etc. I know I'd buy then.

I agree on the Rhodium kit's price, a bit high for a ballpoint in my opinion. There is also the lack of other options in platings that does it in. It would be nice to see them offered. It seems that the Jr Gents and Barons are among the best selling RB/FP, adding some complimentary kits appears to be a no brainer from my limited view.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

I agree on the Rhodium kit's price, a bit high for a ballpoint in my opinion. There is also the lack of other options in platings that does it in. It would be nice to see them offered. It seems that the Jr Gents and Barons are among the best selling RB/FP, adding some complimentary kits appears to be a no brainer from my limited view.
I've tried a couple of times with the Jr Gent ballpoint --- haven't raised enough eyebrows to bother carrying them.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I've tried a couple of times with the Jr Gent ballpoint --- haven't raised enough eyebrows to bother carrying them.

Hmm. Out of curiosity, what would the ballpark price range be for one in chrome?
I don't know. The supplier I used for these no longer publishes their prices and I can only get it by asking for a quote. My guess would be in the range of a Chrome Jr Gent 1 with a stock refill and a couple of bucks more with an upgrade to a Schmidt Easyflow 9000.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

Hmm. Out of curiosity, what would the ballpark price range be for one in chrome?
I don't know. The supplier I used for these no longer publishes their prices and I can only get it by asking for a quote. My guess would be in the range of a Chrome Jr Gent 1 with a stock refill and a couple of bucks more with an upgrade to a Schmidt Easyflow 9000.
I checked and probably about $6 to $8 retail with shipping included depending on the seller.

its_virgil

When I need a matching ballpoint/fountain/rollerball I go with the jr gent or the el Grande. These two ballpoints can also be converted to pencils.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

shortz1lla

I would also be interested at that price point. I'm actually a bit surprised they're not a big seller already, considering their good looks and that they fill a gap in the market.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I would also be interested at that price point. I'm actually a bit surprised they're not a big seller already, considering their good looks and that they fill a gap in the market.
Round up enough buyers (say 300 kits) and I'll help you with the logictics. I can't run a group buy.

shortz1lla

Round up enough buyers (say 300 kits) and I'll help you with the logictics. I can't run a group buy.

I had a very severe Austin Powers moment, "yes, yes, yes, yes, NO NO NO!!" I wish I could make a case for that but judging from the number of responses to this thread................

Dan Masshardt

Yeah, I'm not interested enough to run a buy like that.

I would buy 5 or 20 though. Haha.

I truly am surprised that nobody sells the Jr ballpoint in chrome. Or even black ti for that matter.

I see that csusa started offering the 2 rollerball in chrome so maybe, eventually,..

Top Bottom