Christmas Present Ideas?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I am thinking about making more pens for Christmas gifts. Anyone have any suggestions? I am looking to make about 20. Some of them will be for married couples. I saw PensbyDesign demo on the Celtic Knot and am thinking about trying that too? What projects are all of you other Turners doing????????????????

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
All of the Christmas pens that I'm making are made specific to the person. A corn cob pen for a Nebraska grad, a purple dyed maple for a cousin who's favorite color is purple etc.

If you do feel a need to have a common theme for all of them however, then I would recommend Bethlehem Olive Wood. I am making a set of 8 BOW pens for a group of Nuns as a Christmas present.

workinforwood

Pine cones always go over really well, and if you cast them in green and red, it's extra christmassy <new word. People are always impressed with pine cones, every one I ever met anyhow. Otherwise, a lot has to do with who the person is. Some like wood, some like plastic, then there's people like the pen lighter, people like darker, it goes on and on. Then there's how much work you want to put into a pen. A celtic knot isn't too crazy, but it's a lot more work than simply splicing a couple thin strips on an angle. If you do a full knot, will they appreciate the work involved...and if not, do you care?

Rick_G

Do any of them work where they have to hold a pen in one hand and a pad in the other such as waitress or waiter. A click pen here would be appreciated with it's one hand operation.

Top Bottom