Cholla Blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodlvr

I have a set of cast Cholla blanks that I believe are for Jr. Gent size. I am nervous about drilling them because when I hold the tubes on the end of the blanks the tubes barely cover the center of the blanks. I am concerned that I may need to go to a bigger pen. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

65GTMustang

Are you set up for PR casting?
That is what I do with my C Blanks
This allows me to be creative with color or simply leave it clear.
Then you get a nice full size square blanks from each one. In addtional they beomce much more stable also.
I would be happy to help you if you need any

Woodlvr

I was afraid that I would not explain it correctly. They are already cast and round, wrapped in blue tape. I am nervous that I would not have any of the cholla cactus showing. I hope this makes sense. Thanks.

bitshird

Mike what kind of pen tubes are you thinking of, What about an El Grande?? that's about the biggest I know of, the only problem is it might be too big on the cap end, not a lot of meat left on the cap!!

Woodlvr

Ken I have never purchased any El Grande's, so I would not know the tube sizes. I had planned the Jr. Gent for these since I have them in stock. I am trying to find out the sizes of the Triton tubes and will go from there. Thanks for the suggestion I will check them out.

sbell111

Cholla is one of those materials that I prefer to cast with the tubes for this very reason. I can better plan out exactly how it will appear on the pen and don't have to worry about drilling the blank to showcase the material.

doddman70

I cast and turn a lot of Cholla what i find better than holding the tube up to the hole of the cholla is using the bushings to help determine what pen i can do with the blank. I hops that made since. if i can help further PM me and i will shoot you my number and we can chat.

Woodlvr

Thanks guys. Shane I finally realized that I should try it with the bushings instead of the tubes, I fall back on being blonde and a slow thinker.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Ken I have never purchased any El Grande's, so I would not know the tube sizes. I had planned the Jr. Gent for these since I have them in stock. I am trying to find out the sizes of the Triton tubes and will go from there. Thanks for the suggestion I will check them out.

Triton tubes are exactly the same diameters as Jr. Gent, the "pen" tube is shorter on the Triton.

I might suggest a Full size Gentleman pen, if you think the hole is too large for the JR.

Just a thought---good luck, whatever you decide.

Top Bottom