Choice of Woods (Lotus / Imperial)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jhelminski

I have several Lotus / Imperial pens coming. Does anyone have suggestions for the type of pen blanks that are fittine to such high end pens?

Any photos of recently completed one?

-Jim

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mrcook4570

Ebony (or African Blackwood), Holly, Bois de Rose - simple, classy, and no worries about competition between the wood and hardware

Dario

Originally posted by mrcook4570
<br />Ebony (or African Blackwood), Holly, Bois de Rose - simple, classy, and <b>no worries about competition between the wood and hardware</b>

Well said. I am a proponent of burls but they tend to compete with the high end kits so I (usually) opt for simpler grained, darker wood.

Dark Dessert Ironwood fits the bill for me.

Doesn't mean I will stick with this rule and not experiment with others though [:D][}:)]

johncrane

William's snakewood Emperor looks good.try looking in photo's section. I my self use alot of plastic's because almost everyone here use's wood. I also have some very nice Aussie timber blanks cut up drying out just waiting for me.

Johnathan

You make whatever you want, and if it's for someone else, let them choose what the pen will look like. I love the burls but there are some new TruStone that are pretty amazing. Whatever you choose, make sure you post some pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom