Chipped Acrylic tube

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RMckin5324

:eek: I was doing a Circuit board to give to a gift for some fixing my computer. I was working on it last night and it got two chips at one of the ends. I sanded it done and smoothed it down and the chips were still evident. So I coated it a number of times with Thick CA with some accelerator.
So I put it aside and will go back to it tonight, my question is will it work to fill the chips or should I get another one?

Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Robert Taylor

circuit board pen repair

I took a big chip on one of mine and fixed it with ca no problem. chiped all the way to the board.

dan

i had a pretty massive chipout down to the board about three-fourths of the way around. i removed it from the mandrel and wrapped masking tape around the blank and filled it with thin ca. it did not seem to want to setup so i sprayed it with aerosol accellerator and it hardened instantly. it shrunk a little so i refilled with thin ca a second time, mild accellerator and imediately used a disk sander to square the end (i shoulda done that the first time) finished turning and polished with micromesh and have an invisable repair.

Top Bottom