Chinese Wood ??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

juteck

I want to make a Christmas gift for a family member that has spent some time in China, and want to use a wood that could be found in China. I'm not looking for the $100/blank from antique furniture, but rather a nice looking more affordable option. Suggestions? Suggestions with pictures?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GoodTurns

i'm pretty sure I have some Chinese Elm in my shop. if you are interested, shoot me a PM after 4 today (I will have forgotten by then!) happy to drop a couple in the mail if you want them.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
go buy anything from a dollar store made from wood, chances are pretty high it came from China.:eek::wink:

GoodTurns

i'm pretty sure I have some Chinese Elm in my shop. if you are interested, shoot me a PM after 4 today (I will have forgotten by then!) happy to drop a couple in the mail if you want them.

OK, so it was Japanese Maple....more proof that the mind is going....going.....

bitshird

What about thief wood or chicken wing, or Jimichu. Gary Peck usually has some and will trade, he doesn't sell wood, but living in Singapore has access to some nice stuff.

ohiococonut

go buy anything from a dollar store made from wood, chances are pretty high it came from China.:eek::wink:

Actually not. China has a ban on logging and wood is in very short supply which is why they are buying millions of chop sticks from Georgia. I would imagine even the bamboo is reserved for the few remaining panda's.
A lot of things are made in China but most of the raw materials are from somewhere else.

Sully

I told my wife about this yesterday and when i got home from work she had gone to the dollar tree and bought me three wood picture frames (suprisingly made in china:eek:), she putting me to the test. I guess I have another project.

Sully

Top Bottom