center bands

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
I was just picking some stuff off the floor of my truck and an idea came to me that I haven't seen mentioned.
Has anyone thought of using plastic bottle caps from drink bottles as a CB?
I don't work a lot with acrylics/acrylics but it seems to me there are at least a few different colors available.Yellow, green, white and blue to name some that comes to mind.
I do remember someone using plastic bottles glued up for a pen but don't recall seeing anyone using the caps.
I imagine it would be similar to PVC but can't say for certain.
Just a thought.
( edtited for typos,I think I'll stop making pens for a while and learn to touch type... NAH!)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
You do mean a wooden "masterpiece" right? Would you settle for a reasonable facsimile of a pen?[^]
Let me rephrase that,Organic materials for lack of a better term.
The plastic in the CA just preserves it and makes it workable.

woodscavenger

If I remember right someone did a whole pen from the actual drink bottle plastic. It was Mt. Dew I think. But those caps do come in many colors. I will check it out.

vick

Eagle,
I have used them before and it worked okay. The material did not polish as well as i hoped but the color was good. I have been going through the recyling bin at my house for a couple weeks now getting center band material. Since I have never bought any I can not really compare though.
note: My last center band was from a blue lid for Chicken Bulion container.

John Carr

Eagle, I've been thinking about this long enough to have saved up a couple of hundred different colored soda caps. Here's one I did as an experiment. I cleaned it up a bit after taking the photo, but sold it before I could get another pic of it. The plastic doesn't finish very well. (too soft?) Thought about laminating different colors, but haven't had a chance to do another one yet.

2005629232134_661-0101-034.jpg
<br />

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom