cav's uni pink blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

artistwood

anyone have one of the pink blanks from exotic blanks for breast cancer. my sister-in-law and brother-in-law just had their first baby. i had given her step mom a pen from the last blank i had for a gift. while sitting in the hospital bed, sis-in-law said her mom had died of breast cancer and wanted to know if she could have one to remember her mom. i thought maybe i could make one for her and have someone laser engrave an angel on it in honor of her mom. i'll pay double and all shipping costs' not a super major hurry but dawn is out of them for now. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks much........bear

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Bear,

That is a great story, and Douglas shows the spirit of the IAP.

Dawn is going to work up a supply of the (SIGH!) pink uni blanks and we are going to make a push to raise a bit of money for breast cancer research.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Those blanks will be available, at least for a while, later today!
(They really do sell fast, but she was up all night trying to replenish her
blank inventory)

If you email her, I suspect she will ship you one.

FWIW

Smokey7385

Any pics of these blanks? I've used pink ivory for the same purpose, also I think it is Woodturningz has a blank called bubblegum that is solid pink.

EDIT: Opps, just checked the Woodturningz blank is called cotten candy.

Last edited:

Russianwolf

No sooner asked..... straight from the exoticblanks.com website

Cav's Uni Pink And Bubblegum.

Both are great looking pink blanks, and I've started letting the ladies have the choice between them with me donating to breast cancer for each sale regardless of which blank they choice. (I've noticed recently that the pink used by the Susan G Komen people isn't uniform, but a darker pink in one part of the ad and lighter in the other.)

Attachments

• uni (1).jpg
    uni (1).jpg
    29 KB · Views: 134
  • bubblegum pr.jpg
    bubblegum pr.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
OK, do any of you "PhotoShoppers" have the pink uni pix? Feel free to shred what is left of my dignity if it will help sales of the Pink uni blanks! :redface:

Support of breast cancer research is important if you are a woman, or if you know a woman!!

PR_Princess

Sorry, William, but

.. you asked!! :biggrin: And it is for a good cause!

The original photoshop was done by our own GerryR.

Attachments

• 20087113217_WdCav.jpg
    20087113217_WdCav.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:

MattDaddy

And just like that...you're out of stock. Dawn, let me know when you will have more - I'd like a half dozen for sure. Might have to pick up a few other things while I'm shopping. This is a great cause that I am happy to support - and my wife and her friends/family would LOVE a Pink for the Cause pen. Mother in law is a survivor.

Rifleman1776

I have several pink blanks on hand. One or two are from Ed, the other from another private source. I will be using for gifts to give to breast cancer survivor friends.
However, I would caution against investing too much time or money into making pink pens for sale.
The Komen foundation, and other breast cancer organizations, sell many pink items as fund raisers. And, those items include China made pens that sell quite cheaply. For souvenirs, you simply can't compete.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I have several pink blanks on hand. One or two are from Ed, the other from another private source. I will be using for gifts to give to breast cancer survivor friends.
However, I would caution against investing too much time or money into making pink pens for sale.
The Komen foundation, and other breast cancer organizations, sell many pink items as fund raisers. And, those items include China made pens that sell quite cheaply. For souvenirs, you simply can't compete.

As in all handmade pens, you CAN buy it cheaper.

Paraphrasing Hallmark, buying the Walmart version shows you care enough to give the very CHEAPEST!!! Yes, I HAVE used this line at shows.

ssajn

Local Chapter Leader
Reminds me of when I threw a red shirt in with my whites once a long time ago.

My wife did that to me once. We went to the laundromat to do do my uniforms. She put some red socks in with my stuff by mistake. The next day I had to stand inspection in dress pinks. It took a long time to live that one down. I kept her and we've been putting up with each others c&%p for 38 years. :)

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
My wife did that to me once. We went to the laundromat to do do my uniforms. She put some red socks in with my stuff by mistake. The next day I had to stand inspection in dress pinks. It took a long time to live that one down. I kept her and we've been putting up with each others c&%p for 38 years. :)
I just meant my socks and underwear. They knew better than to expect us to have a white uniform for more than 5 minutes, I don't know how you guys did it.

mdburn_em

Your local breast cancer awareness chapter will usually have different fund-raisers. They appreciate donations very much. I've never had a "hand-crafted" donated pen go for less than $50 at any of their auctions. Embellished slimlines, usually.

I've also sold them at my shows. If someone bought one of the pink pens, the check was written to the local chapter.

Top Bottom