CAUTION.... Berea Elegent Beauty Sierra

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

Check your Berea Elegent Beauty Sierra Pen in Black TG and Titianium Gold (8502PL/BL-IPG-1)....

This is NOT a blast toward any vendor here. This is a manufacturing issue. I sell and rebuild between 10 -20 of the Berea Elegent Beauty Sierra pens each week.

I buy these in bulk from 4 or 5 vendors, but usually directly from Berea. I chose these pens for my entry pen line because they are issue free, the plating is outstanding and they can be quickly built.

I just finished going through a wad of these and most have the same issue. The TN gold plating inside the "pop apart" is too thick on most of these (rarely EVER a problem). The ones that work have a "funnel" like appearance, followed by a "flat" area that allows the pen to pull apart easily for refill change. I first noticed this after a build and forgetting to change to Private REserve EZ flow 9000. It was almost impossible to pull the pen apart and the tranny (which worked flawlessly before popping the sections together) took a stongman to turn.

THE DEFECTIVE ONES look like funnels with NO "flat" spot, where the upper barel meets.

Again, not blasting ANY vendor OR Berea, as they have been WONDERFUL in the few times I have had issues....REGARDLESS OF WHERE I BOUGHT THE PRODUCT.

The other model (8502PL/BT-PT-1) are all FLAWLESS!

Sometimes buying in bulk, brings on BULK problems, regardless of the vendor. I hope this helps someone avoid a big problem. PICTURES OF WHAT TO LOOK FOR WILL BE COMING AFTER DAYBREAK (photo booth has "issues", too).

Last edited:

Bobalu

Hey Andy. Are you sure it isn't just the heat. :wink::wink:

So dang hot here in Georgia lately that I can't get my bushing off the mandrel after turning. :eek:

Seriously though, thanks for the heads up. :)

PenMan1

Hey Andy. Are you sure it isn't just the heat. :wink::wink:

So dang hot here in Georgia lately that I can't get my bushing off the mandrel after turning. :eek:

Seriously though, thanks for the heads up. :)

Bob:
It was 103 degrees here yesterday and the humidity is already breaking 60 percent. This is supposed to be the "pleasant" part of Georgia summer. Can you imagine what August is gong to be like. I just hope I can sell enough pens to pay the power bill!

Top Bottom