Casting Snake Skin and Other Materials

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

JPatterson

I have been following several threads that have to do with casting Snake skin and other materials. I have looked at the available articles, but I still cannot find any information on how to actually cast these types of pens.

Do you just wrap the outside of the tube with the snake skin, so that the actual exterior of the pen is PR and you just see thru to the snake Skin?

If someone could point me to a thread, or a web page or something I would be grateful.[^]

Thanks,

JP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Butcher

Do you just wrap the outside of the tube with the snake skin, so that the actual exterior of the pen is PR and you just see thru to the snake Skin?

That is the jist of it. Wrap and glue the skin or other material to the tub the cast in clear PR and turn. I haven't done any skin yet but have cast the tubs in PR to hide the drill marks and glue and it is relatively easy. Now to get the pressure pot fixed up to get rid of the bubbles.

Give it a try, you'll like it. I'm having more fun experamenting then I do going into production for regular pens.

JPatterson

Thanks for the info,

I went to the above web site and checked it out. In looking at the photo's you cant tell that the outside is not snake skin. Even around the edges, where yo uwould think you would see clear resin.

JP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom