casting Rose Pedals

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizical

I was wondering if anyone here has ever casted rose pedals? I have a great idea, but what curious to know if it would work or not. I was thinking of having 10-20 pen blanks made up with rose pedals or even full roses in it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
yes, JayDevin did it a while ago. He made a dozen blanks or so and, to my knowledge, I And Draken were the only two to successfully complete pens.

here is mine:
20086425911__MG_0297.jpg

pretty, but tough to do. The petals tended to separate which let the blank blow apart.

Make sure you dry the petals very thoroughly before casting.

Gk

artistwood

put the petals in a food dehydrator in a single layer for about 48 hours. then they should be dry enough to use for your casting. we use them to make popar?????? oh heck...........the smelly stuff.....

JerryS

You can also use the microwave to dehydrate the petals . Doesn't take long at all , I've dried basil and such with good results . Lay them on a damp paper towel and cover them with the same .

gomeral

put the petals in a food dehydrator in a single layer for about 48 hours. then they should be dry enough to use for your casting. we use them to make popar?????? oh heck...........the smelly stuff.....

Wouldn't that be "poopar," then? :eek:

wizical

i appreciate the feedback, so I was hoping that someone can cast them for me. I will send you the rose petals, who can help me out with that? PM if you can help me. Thanks

Top Bottom