Casing Pen Tip

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fangar

Hello all,

Thanks to seeing some great casing pens on this forum I have been dabbling in them as of late.

I usually use two kits. A slimline for the tip end as the outer diamter of the tip's base fits perfectly flush with the 300 Win mag and .308 casings that I have been using. However, I don't like having the top end (Finial end) the size of the slimline fittings. It looks to small in my opinion and for that reason, I use the top finial and clip of a euro kit. So I have a lot of parts left over. The Euro's tip is just a hair larger on outer diameter at the base, which does not look right where it meets the casing. So I set out to figure how I could expand the brass of the casing to accept a flush fit to the outer diamter of the euro tip.

The process took all of about 15 seconds. I used something that most of us all have lying around. The pen tube insertion tool. I placed the casing butt on top of my anvil and inserted the tube insertion tool into the neck of the casing. A Few soft whacks with a wooden mallet, and the brass opened up ever so slightly. The euro tip now fits flush. You don't really see a difference on the outer face of the casing neck.

Just thought I would share. Saves the slimline kits for other things.

Cheers,

James

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RPM

James,
Would you be willing to post a picture of your finished pen? I'd really like to see the results.
Thanks,
Richard

Fangar

Originally posted by Don in phoenix
<br />Great tip and thanks for all the help you have given me so far

You Bet!

RPM. Here are the 300 and .308. Posted in the show off your pens forum, but here ya go.

redmallee300.jpg

redmalle308.jpg

cheers,

Fangar

GregD

Eagle,
After seeing both pens togeather I see what you were talking about over in the Show Off Your Pen thread. I do like the first pen with less brass on the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom